YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Current Maintenance Tech opportunities:
- Camp Marston - Julian
Responsible for instilling a positive first impression to all guests through the development of a clean and well maintained facility. Assist the Facilities Director in the preventive and ongoing maintenance of all branch facilities. Responsible to keep the branch facilities, equipment and grounds in good condition and working order to maintain facility safety standards as approved by the YMCA of San Diego County.
What a Maintenance Tech does...
- Assist in all necessary repairs, construction projects, and upkeep to buildings, include painting, roofing, fire safety, tile repair, minor electrical, HVAC preventative maintenance and plumbing.
- Assist with landscape management and improvements.
- Conduct extensive cleaning & housekeeping as necessary.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records including all equipment & small tools.
- Proactively participate in safety protocols.
- Ensure the safety of all guests when operating power equipment and landscaping machinery.
- Repair cardio and fitness equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment throughout the facility.
- Repair and/or replace equipment as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the pool and spa system as required.
- Assist the Facilities Director in major renovation to building and grounds as directed and within building codes.
- Responsible for keeping the Facilities Director informed of maintenance and facility related issues that could affect the overall operation of the YMCA.
- Maintain shop area free of clutter
- Perform custodial work as needed
What we look for in a Maintenance Tech...
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in facility maintenance, painting, carpentry or related field.
- Good working knowledge of building maintenance and facility equipment repairs to include but not limited to pool systems, basic HVAC, plumbing, irrigation and landscape systems, lock and key work, concrete repairs and minor electrical repairs; and the knowledge to maintain building code and operational compliance.
- Strong background in painting and general repairs preferred.
- A general knowledge of the use of hand and power tools, electrical, plumbing, flooring and tile, cardio and exercise equipment repair and the ability to understand mechanical systems.
- Physical ability to work with machinery and basic construction equipment.
- Understand the approved use of various chemicals and cleaning agents and be able to use and follow all MSDS materials/precautions and directions associated with them.
- Physical ability to lift 50-60 lbs. safely and operate various motorized equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Good problem solving and mechanical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The position requires sitting, standing, walking, the use of ladders and kneeling for extended periods of time.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.