YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Current Gymnastics Coordinator Opportunities:
- Toby Wells Family YMCA (Kearney Mesa) - Progressive Gymnastics Coordinator
The Gymnastics Coordinator is responsible for the smooth delivery of gymnastics classes, communication with parents, staff scheduling, and staff supervision. The individual in the role works closely with the team and is responsible for managing setup, teardown, and ensuring a safe and fun environment while incorporating the YMCA’s Mission and Core Values.
What a Gymnastics Coordinator Does...
- Responsible for the daily operations of the gymnastics center, including put not limited to safety, scheduling, staffing and program when Gymnastic Program Director is not present.
- Teach all levels of classes for children 2-17 years of age, including leading team practice when needed.
- Evaluate program participants as needed to ensure children are in the correct class based on skills and ability.
- Act as main point of contact for parents of all participants and classes.
- Work closely with Camp Director on the development, implementation, and daily operations of gymnastic-related camps.
- Work in conjunction with the Gymnastics Program Director to ensure inclusion opportunities are available for gymnastics programs.
- Manage setup and teardown schedule to ensure safe systems are in place to protect staff.
- Provide team leadership and lead team practice as needed.
- Participate in the annual campaign each year as part of the staff division.
- Represent the YMCA of San Diego County at community events, branch events and association events when appropriate.
- Develop and implement staff schedule monthly and support Gymnastics Program Director in the overall supervision of the staff team.
- Supervise and manage daily staff issues, complaints, concerns, and incidents; escalate when necessary.
- Organize and lead monthly staff meetings for all gymnastics staff
What We Look for in a Gymnastics Coordinator...
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 3 years of experience leading gymnastic classes, including team and dance.
- Must be able to coach gymnastics with basic knowledge of the level 1-6 USAG program.
- Strong spotting skills required in all events and experience with pre-school equipment.
- Proven experience communicating effectively with parents and children.
- Should have experience supervising and managing staff and class schedules and be familiar with USAG & YMCA gymnastics skill sheets.
- Experience with all aspects of tumbling and apparatus, teaching children, and organizing classes.
- Visual/auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.