YMCA of Greater Long Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Expanded Learning Site Manager
at YMCA of Greater Long Beach
As a Site Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the expanded learning program. Daily program components include: academic tutoring, mentoring, healthy lifestyles education, and other academic enrichment curricula and activities. In addition, you will be developing staff through observations and coaching. A strong emphasis on safety, meeting and maintaining program requirements, building relationships with various stakeholder and program quality is demanded of this position. Hours may vary. Typical work hours are between 12:30pm - 6:30pm, Monday through Friday (Everyday)
- Responsible for program development, planning and supervision in accordance with ASES requirements, partner agencies and YMCA standards.
- Responsible for supervision of staff and children in the program, curriculum planning and implementation and public relations.
- Responsible for accurate counts on all children that attend.
- Conduct a range of activities that promote family involvement, membership by design, and relationship by design.
- Ensure the program has necessary supplies and equipment; report any issues to their direct supervisor.
- Prepare and develop lesson plans that are age appropriate and consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
- Follow site and Association policies and procedures for health, safety, and nutrition.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Responsible for supervising part time employees and volunteers.
- Assist with hiring, training and scheduling program staff and volunteers.
- Conduct and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Ensure that administrative requirements are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for Site Managers who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
Skill / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additionally, demonstrate proof of 48 completed college units or pass district’s Instructional Aide exam. Childhood Education/Child Development units preferred.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification required within first 3 months of employment.
- Clear the Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting).
- Conduct health exam and TB test.
- Clear Drug Test Screening.
- Proof of immunization for Measles, Pertussis, and Influenza.
- Complete New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Minimum of six-months experience working with and supervising adults.
- Experience with MAC and PC format computers is preferred.
- Bilingual with English/Spanish preferred.