Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OSE5 - Splunk Infrastructure & Application Engineer
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs. Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions. Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff. Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and debugging of programs. Participates in overall systems testing. Leads the migration of applications and configurations to production. Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures, and designs user guides, playbooks, and other rollout-based documentation. Serves as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems. Provide technical leadership within projects, including ownership and assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with Splunk application design, architecture, and installation in a clustered environment
- Strong background in Unix/Linux system administration, including command line and scripting, especially Ansible (ideally 5+ years of direct experience running/administering a Splunk instance)
- Experience in integration with other applications, ideally Netcool
- Experience in a large corporation/enterprise environment with 1000’s of agents and multi-TB/day of logging and PB of storage
- Good understanding of management process frameworks, such as ITIL
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other relevant studies, or equivalent skills and experience
- SSL certificate management
- Experience with Splunk in a large, distributed enterprise environment with a high ingestion rate (multiple TB of data per day)
- Experience with clustered search heads, forwarders & indexers - fault tolerant solutions at a datacenter level
- Experience with rsyslog, syslog-NG, http Event Collector, dbconnect, and other mechanism for transporting log data to Splunk
- SDLC experience, including Release Management experience
- Strong documentation skills - mapping processes, workflows
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
AZ-Chandler: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
NC-Charlotte: Min: $84,500 Mid: $120,700
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.