Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analytics - Financial Controls & Oversight Lead Consultant
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of data analytics professionals supporting COSO testing and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in Corporate Controllers.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the following team directives:
- Leading projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity impacting the broader team
- Facilitating the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis in the assessment of risk and controls.
- Performing business analysis, project management, design and solution testing of analytics in adherence to our development methodology.
- Partnering with ECO teams to ensure data analytic needs are met such as continuous auditing activities, robotics, special projects, substantive testing support, etc.
- Training and mentoring the team in the use of data analysis techniques and tools
- Navigating within technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis
- Analyzing complex data and providing the analytic results in a user-friendly format
- Developing and maintaining program scripts used for data analysis, controls automation and controls testing.
- Providing recommendations on types of analytics and procedures used to meet control testing objectives
- Communicating data analysis conclusions to management.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of analytic results.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders related to assigned areas.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum two years Big Four/super regional public accounting firm experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Strategic understanding of the applicability of industry tools such as ACL, SAS, SQL and Tableau
- General knowledge and understanding of programming languages and tools (Visual Basic, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Service, etc.)
- Certification in one or more of the following: CISA, CPA, CIA, CAP (Certified Analytics Professional), ACDA (ACL Certified Analyst), SCBDP (SAS Certified Big Data Professional)
- Ability to gather business and data requirements
- SQL, SAS, or ACL programming experience including automation solutions of medium to high technical complexity.
- Experience building data visualization and/or reporting solutions through Tableau or similar BI tools preferred.
- Ability to work with a variety of source data formats
- Working knowledge of various database designs, strategies (SQL, Oracle, Teradata etc.)
- Knowledge of ETL processes, master file management.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement new analytic approaches and methodologies
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; significant experience with continuous improvement of IT control testing processes and results
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- 2+ years of experience leading teams that perform data analytics at peer-size companies
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.