Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Risk & Control Sr. Officer - Technology Control
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This role will have accountability for risk management within the aligned Wells Fargo Technology business group as First Line of Defense ("FLOD"). Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. The model through which we deliver risk programs and oversight is changing. This role is created in alignment with the new comprehensive First Line of Defense risk structure for Wells Fargo Technology. As the first line of defense, this role provides credible challenge to the Technology group, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
The Business Risk & Control Sr. Officer will lead the planning and execution of critical FLOD risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and Technology Risk Target Operating Model. Accountabilities of the Sr. Officer will include:
- Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products/services and shared services IT processes/products/services
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
Identify & Assess:
- Conduct and support risk assessments that evaluate the environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls and the level and trends of residual risk
- Be proactive in identifying risks within Technology across internal and external events
Control & Mitigate:
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
- Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
- Execute the Technology-related compliance process (e.g. Audits, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
Monitor & Report:
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support and complete Technology risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 8+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP
- Experience managing risk in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change Mgmt, problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit.
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.