Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior System Analyst/Programmer is responsible for supporting internally and externally developed applications which are hosted both internally and externally. The Senior System Analyst/Programmer is responsible for application and server enhancements, addressing application and Information Technology issues for Webster Bank, NA. Duties may include design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain complex IT business solutions. They are responsible for developing and coordinating application enhancements and addressing the application and information technology issues for Digital Banking - OneTouch applications for Webster Bank, N.A.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Supports team technology projects and system upgrades.
- Supports a variety of clients including IT management, internal Business Lines, Support Groups and Vendors.
- Provides routine and emergency production support which can require off hours and/or weekends.
- Maintenance and system support to Digital Banking - OneTouch applications in support of Community Banking. This includes server maintenance, certificate updates, vendor upgrades and assisting users with production issues. All user issues to be followed through to resolution.
- Change control of all system changes produced either by the vendor or in house. Produce all required documentation for Webster IT Change Control process. To include testing, recording of defects, debugging, documentation of test results and appropriate sign-offs as required for all changes to the system.
- Thorough understanding of the processes and workflows used by end users of the Digital Banking - OneTouch applications. Ability to work with interdependent teams in defining requirements for enhancements and projects.
- Troubleshoots application and/or client related issues and implements resolutions.
- Applies tests and implements application fixes; works with vendor supported applications to obtain fixes and implement as appropriate.
- Follows source/version control, SDLC and Change Management protocols as outlined.
- Develop or modify processes to resolve business issues to form desired results; may include analysis of business and user needs, documentation of business requirements, and translation of business requirements into functional requirements.
- Support project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as detailed scope information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Assumes primary or secondary responsibility for various systems as defined.
- Identify and define applications architecture, components and interfaces, design of data model, data/information flows, and security design.
- Identify data needs, including access, security, quality, and maintenance requirements.
- Recommend design alternatives, considering benefits of and limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
- Provides source/version control management.
- Completes a variety of forms and documentation in support of IT Change Management, Architectural Review Board, Corporate Information Security and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity. Takes ownership of maintaining documentation as required.
- Provide guidance and expertise to coworkers in resolving complex production support issues. Act as a resource to the team in helping less experienced team members in providing solutions to the business lines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related work experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional IT and business systems analyst experience.
- 3-5 years of experience within application support residing on Linux or Windows.
- 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Expertise using SQL queries.
- Highly developed understanding of structure analysis, technical design, and database and file access methods.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Proven communication and problem solving skills, detail-orientated, proficiency in automated tools and desktop software.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Banking Industry background.
- 5+ years of professional IT and business systems analyst experience.
- 5+ years of experience within application support residing on Linux or Windows.
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Knowledge of other technologies is a plus (HTML, Perl, PowerShell, bash, ksh or others).
- Knowledge of working with Middleware Application such as HTTP Server.
- Proven ability in one or more programming languages and development tools.