Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
If you're looking to take the next step in your cyber security career and be part of a dynamic, growing information security program, Webster Bank is the place for you. Information security is a high priority for Webster and we are looking for ambitious, growth-minded professionals to join our team. If you love information security, then we want to talk to you.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will join a team of engineers who implement information security products and solutions to protect Webster employees, assets, and customers from today's advanced cyber threats.
This security engineer will be a seasoned IT or networking professional with training or equivalent work experience in information security, computer engineering, network engineering, or computer science and ideally will have credentials such as CISSP or GIAC.
This position is located at Webster's facility in New Britain, Connecticut.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will develop, deploy, and support high-quality information security solutions using a wide range of security technologies including:
- Network access control (NAC)
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Password vaulting and privileged access management
- Network and Host-based intrusion detection systems (NIDS/HIDS)
- Endpoint protection, detection, and response
- Web and email content filtering
- Data loss protection (DLP)
- Volume and media encryption
- Cloud security
- Log correlation and management
- Vulnerability assessment and mitigation
- Firewall monitoring and optimization
- DDoS mitigation
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will ensure that Webster Bank's network security systems comply with applicable regulations (including GLBA, SOX, PCI, FFIEC, and HIPAA) and company policies, standards, and procedures.
This engineer will help to identify gaps in security program coverage, research emerging security technologies, and stay current on industry standards and best practices including NIST, SANS, and ISO.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Work with Webster's information security architect to design security services and recommend security architecture improvements.
- Work with Webster's Security Operations Center (SOC) to conduct risk assessments, diagnose security issues, and respond to security incidents
The successful candidate will have, above, all, a strong desire and motivation to learn and continually improve his or her information security skills.
He or she will demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills and will be able to act ethically and confidentially, work with minimal supervision and as part of a team, communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, adapt to rapidly changing priorities, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate will have a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of current information security tools and technologies and will be familiar with at least some of the following:
- Network communications, infrastructure, protocols, and traffic analysis
- Windows and/or Unix Administration
- Virtualization technologies
- Security engineering including secure system design and security best practices
- Secure programming
- Malware analysis and reverse Engineering
- Digital forensics
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Vulnerability assessment and red teaming
ABOUT WEBSTER BANK
Webster Bank was founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, and from the beginning we have always put people first. We do whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. We are a leading regional commercial and retail bank that is passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives.
Webster was founded on the values of responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork, and citizenship. We call these The Webster Way, and they set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first and work to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster offers a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.