Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Instructional Assistant - Paraprofessional
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4558
Position Control: 3867
Accountable To: School Principal
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Under direct supervision incumbents provide assistance to special education teachers in a classroom environment by orienting and mentoring instructional assistants, modifying materials based on individual learning styles, demonstrating skills and techniques, communicating with parents regarding specific concerns, collecting and documenting behavioral and academic data, providing input to IEP team,
providing materials and handouts to students, and working with students individually or in groups on special projects or assignments.
- Implements, models and trains a variety of positive behavior supports and behavioral strategies across learning environments for program assistants and other school personnel.
- Implements and reinforces/inforces program Support Room systems and procedures. Collects, documents and analyzes data relative to students’ behavior and skill acquisition in accordance with IEP goals.
- Provides direct student support; works with students individually or in groups and aaccompanies students from classrooms to other areas to include the library, playground, cafeteria, and busses to ensure orderly behavior.
- Serves as a member of the IEP team for purposes of coordinating Behavior Intervention Plan development and implementation.
- Regularly attends meetings and provides input regarding student performance, program fidelity and team development.
- Assists in formal professional development instruction of assistants within the program.
- Communicates with the Program Coach and provides input regarding evaluation of program assistants.
- Communicates with parents, under direction of teacher or administrator, regarding student progress and concerns.
- Adheres to WESD confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- Two years of instructional assistant experience;
- Completion of 60 College Credit Hours, Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or successfully passed a Arizona State approved paraprofessional test; offered by WESD at no cost and must pass prior to being hired, Please contact HR for more information)
- Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate within thirty days of hire.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Proficiency in English and target language.
- Basic Excel knowledge/experience
- Current CPI certification
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Demonstrating child development theories;
- Knowing basic mathematical concepts;
- Using typical activities within a classroom environment;
- Working with children;
- Maintaining student discipline;
- Demonstrating appropriate techniques and procedures;
- Facilitating group activities in a learning environment;
- Reviewing completed work assignments;
- Preparing classroom for various activities;
- Reading and following lesson plans;
- Applying school rules, policies and procedures;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Friday, October 9, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)