Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America is currently hiring an on-call Van Driver to join our team!
Horizons Care Center is located in beautiful Colorado and is surrounded by national forests, lakes, and state parks that are all within driving distance. Eckert is neighbored by a wealth of outdoor recreation options which is an added benefit to starting your career with our non-profit, mission based organization.
OBJECTIVE: Under the supervision of the Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of Horizons residents. Responsible for communicating any safety issue to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Responsible for passengers during transport, providing care in a manner which ensures participant satisfaction.
- Follows assigned schedule, makes adjustments to meet unanticipated changes, while considering the needs of the participant and requirements of Horizons Care Center. Communicates these changes to dispatch.
- Operates equipment safely and in compliance with vehicle licensing regulations.
- Maintains and completes daily required records i.e., Pre- and Post-Trip Inspections, gasoline purchases.
- Immediately reports to Transportation Coordinator, any vehicle or cell phone operating problems, malfunction, or incidents out of the ordinary routine.
- Transports participants to and from medical/specialist appointments, and activity outings, as requested by the Interdisciplinary Team via the plan of care.
- Transports meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other items as deemed necessary for participant.
- Provides physical assistance to each participant when needed as he/she boards and debarks from the program's vehicles.
- Maintains the vehicle in a neat and clean condition. Ability to use automated car wash.
- Ensures vehicle equipment is maintained and operating within manufactures recommendations, replacing supplies as needed.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team when appropriate.
- Communicates with Transportation Coordinator daily to be updated on participant conditions/ changes, plan of care changes, or Interdisciplinary Team requests.
- Follows all Horizons Care Center policies and procedures and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains any required certifications or licenses.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
Experience: Have a minimum of one year experience in working with the frail elderly.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
We look forward to hearing from you- Apply today!