Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Wellness Center, PT GCV
at Volunteers of America
Home Health Registered Nurse, Wellness Center
Part Time, Monday - Friday
Gulf Coast Village, Cape Coral
Under the direction and supervision of the Nurse Manager, the RN provides skilled nursing care to participants, implements primary care orders, evaluates participant complaints in person and/or by telephone, develops appropriate plan of care, provides participant, caregiver and family teaching and communicates participant's condition to primary caregivers, physician and Interdisciplinary Team.
- Conducts an in person nursing care assessment for Independent Living residence and as needed referrals for Private Duty.
- Performs wellness checks as needed.
- Coordinate visiting Physician visits and support third party providers.
- Processes TB screenings and drug tests.
- Performs competencies on appropriate day center staff as needed.
- Performs general nursing care to participants. Performs or supervises the administration of prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Triages participants to determine priority of care.
- Signs off orders, orders medications from pharmacy and disseminates orders and instructions to appropriate personnel (call orders to nursing homes, etc.).
- Working with Nurse Manager, completes the nursing assessment form on visitors and on participants at assigned schedule.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Maintains regular attendance at, and participants in Interdisciplinary Team meetings; communicates participant changes, collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination for twenty-four (24) hour care delivery.
- In Nurse Manager's absence, supervises LPN's and C.N.A.'s. Evaluates overall effectiveness of the clinic.
- Assists in the treatment, examination, and testing of participants.
- Observes, records, and reports participant's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Working with the Nurse Manager, oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to participants in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of participants.
- Responds to and performs triage of incoming telephone calls. Schedules outside appointments for participants when necessary.
- Implements the orders written by Primary Care Physician.
- Assist with Home Health visits as needed
- Maintains and reviews participant records, charts, and other pertinent information. Documents test and examination results.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Broad knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment.
- Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skilled in preparing and maintaining records and writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation