Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Westchester Senior Living is a premier living and health care campus providing a variety of options and a continuity of care for our community including delightfully spacious, sensibly planned assisted-living apartments allowing as much independence and activity as a person is able in a lovely garden setting.
We are seeking a full time creative, out-of-the-box thinker Marketing Manager who is a team player to join our team.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short term disability, flexible spending account, 403b with company contributions, legal plan, discount prescription drug program and employee discount program.
PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: Executive Director, Enrollment Specialist, co-workers, Corporate staff, vendors and public.
OBJECTIVE: Under the direction of the Executive Director coordinates the marketing efforts. To include presentations to potential referral sources such as community groups; develops new referral sources and maintains referral tracking system and marketing file; works with Corporate Marketing to develop annual marketing plans and written marketing materials. Directs and oversees responsibilities of Enrollment Specialist.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Must have consistent and documented experience in marketing, preferably in health care/geriatric or combined with knowledge of the unique needs of the elder population and their caregivers.
* Ability to identify and follow through with referrals as well as identify new resources for referral.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate the benefits of the Senior CommUnity Care program to potential participants, families, outside agencies, community groups, professionals and the general public.
* Extensive customer service and marketing skills.
* Excellent public speaking skills for large and small groups.
* Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with community members, referral sources and co-workers.
* Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
* Ability to work under pressure of monthly deadlines; to be able to remain focused while gathering last minute information, appointments, information for Medicaid, IDT and families in order to meet enrollment goals.
1. In conjunction with the Corporate Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of the Marketing Plan and associated activities following State and Federal guidelines.
2. Provides individual and group marketing presentations to potential referral sources.
3. Maintains consistent, close contact with existing referral sources.
4. Maintains referral tracking system and mailing list as well as marketing files.
5. In conjunction with the Corporate Public Relations and Marketing, develops annual marketing plan and all appropriate marketing materials, including newsletters, press releases and advertising.
6. Participates in marketing activities, e.g. senior fairs, canvassing senior hi-rises, as developed in marketing plan.
7. Plans and coordinates open houses/marketing events to enhance exposure for Senior CommUnity Care program.
8. Performs other duties as required or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
2. Must have a valid driver's license and have means of transportation.
3. Must clear background check.
4. Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or a health or human services field required.
5. Experience: Four (4) years of experience in a Marketing role for a health care provider, or in an information and referral resource role with the senior networks.
6. Have a minimum of one year of experience in working with the frail or elderly population.