Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Tech II - PT - 24 hrs a wk
at Volunteers of America
Come join the Volunteers of America- we are seeking a friendly, passionate and energetic candidate to join our team in our working environment.
Freedom Village-Mansfield is looking for a Maintenance Tech II to join the team in Mansfield, OH!
***This is a part-time, 24 hours a week position.***
POSITION SUMMARY:The Maintenance Tech II is responsible for overall maintenance of property and the direction of the maintenance staff.
- Participate in or lead all maintenance projects, assign work orders to maintenance technician, and ensure all work on properties is done properly and on a timely basis.
- Inspect grounds and building exterior, as required by Community Administrator, to ensure safe working and living conditions.
- Responsible for inventory control of maintenance supplies and utilization of maintenance equipment.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready, and periodic inspections.
- Maintain MSDS book and instruct maintenance staff in its use.
- Maintain adequate lighting for interior and exterior of property.
- Make recommendations to Community Administrator on necessary maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance activities, and property improvements.
1. At least one year of experience in building maintenance.
2. Previous experience in a lead or supervisory capacity preferred.
3. High School diploma or its equivalent.
4. Must be capable of using and climbing extension ladder to access roof, windows, and siding to make repairs as needed.
5. Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) lbs.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively.
7. Must be able to perform emergency maintenance as requested.
8. May be required to live on site.