Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America- Laurel Manor is seeking a housekeeper for our skilled nursing facility. The ideal candidate to join our team is compassionate and reliable.
PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: Will interact directly with residents and all levels of staff.
OBJECTIVE: The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all facility areas.
- Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemicals and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, including:
- Dusting/polishing and arranging furniture or equipment.
- Mopping and polishing floors.
- Vacuuming carpets and draperies.
- Scouring and sanitizing sinks, toilets, tubs and shower areas.
- Polishing plumbing fixtures.
- Cleaning mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, carpets and furniture.
- Washing or spot cleaning walls.
- Removing stains and debris from floors, carpets and furniture.
- Removing, transporting and disposing of trash.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.