Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Floor Tech, GCV
at Volunteers of America
Job Reference #: 3951/6860
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Gulf Coast Village, Cape Coral, FL
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Floor Tech provides a safe and clean environment for the residents, staff, and visitors to the community.
- Cleans windows with and without the use of a ladder or telescopic pole.
- Shampoos carpet with a floor machine.
- Buffs floors with a floor machine.
- Strips and scrubs floors with a floor machine and a wet/dry vacuum.
- Mop floors with the use of a mop wringer and bucket.
- Moves furniture and appliances while using proper body mechanics.
- Hangs drapes with or without the use of a ladder.
- Unloads and stock supplies.
- Transports trash to dumpster.
- Flips and turns mattresses using proper body mechanics.
- Performs high dusting with or without the use of a ladder or telescopic pole.
- Cleans lights with or without the use of a ladder.
- Vacuums drapes with or without the use of a ladder.
- Cleans woodwork.
- Participates in In-service training.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred but not required.
- Previous Floor Tech experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Cognitive Demands:
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
o Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
o Service Vision, Courtesy, Attention to Detail, Responsiveness and Enthusiasm.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!