Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Assistant - PT Evenings
at Volunteers of America
Become apart of a growing team and join Maplewood Care Center's Food Service team as Dietary Assistant. As a Dietary Assistant, you will provides quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the residents.
Hours: Evenings 4:00pm to 7:30pm with rotating weekends
- Assists in defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary, Management Team and/or Cook.
- Understands and follows procedures related to all duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Dietary, Management Team and/or Cook.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
Follows reporting procedures.
- 16+ years of age.
- Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
- Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
- Numerical ability for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.