Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Assistant-(FT)-32 hours a week
at Volunteers of America
Bethesda Center is a "Great Place to Work-Certified organization" as well as a Leading Age Ohio designated Bronze Employer of Choice!
We are looking for a Business Office Assistant at our Bethesda Care Center in Fremont, OH!
***This is a full time 32-hour a week position!***
1. Prepare daily bank deposit.
- Call to Cash fax.
- Deliver to bank.
2. Perform Accounts Payable functions including:
- Review all invoices for completeness, including proper coding and approval.
- Weekly input of vendor invoices into computer.
- Payment of invoices.
- File vendor documents in correct vendor files.
- Reconciling monthly vendor statements.
- Respond to questions from vendors regarding payment of invoices.
- Perform vendor file maintenance.
3. Perform payroll functions including:
- Input and maintenance of employees into the timekeeping computer and software.
- Ensure that proper documentation exists and that benefits are entitled for all special pay (vacation, paid time off, sick pay, etc.) before payment is processed.
- Complete wage verification, raise when appropriate.
- Assist employees to ensure correct punches on API timesheets.
- Verify employees' timesheets in API. Ensure Managers have approved timesheets.
- Ensure payroll is processed properly and accurately.
- Inputs information into employee payroll screens. Process and prepare reports for direct deposit, payroll savings deductions, group insurance deductions, TSA deductions, garnishments and other employee authorized payroll deductions such as bus passes, movie passes.
- Report payroll information to the Corporate Office.
- Distribute reports to department managers on a timely basis.
- Perform employee file maintenance.
- Respond to questions from employees regarding payroll.
- File documents in employee files - maintain proper system of filing.
- File and maintain completed payroll reports.
4. Perform Resident Personal Account Functions:
- Enters personal fund deposits and withdrawals to trust ledgers.
- Updates ledgers not less than once per week.
- Applies interest quarterly to Resident Trust Ledgers.
- Prints updated ledgers daily and distributes appropriately.
- Prints and mails monthly statements to residents or family members.
- Performs month-end on personal fund accounts.
5. Perform routine office clerical duties:
- File computer generated reports.
- File all input documents in appropriate files.
- Maintain postage supply and monitor postage meter.
6. Management department inventory control program:
- Monitor supply usage, price and quality of products; make product/vendor recommendations to Executive Director.
- Requisition department supplies and equipment; inspect deliveries and invoices for accuracy; approve invoices and submit to Executive Director for review.
7. Monitor flow of printing and distribute accordingly. 8. Program Business Office Manager coverage in the absence of Business Office Manager.
- Input census changes.
- Enter bank deposit.
9. Attends required in-services & completes assigned on-line modules
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager.
- High school graduate with emphasis on data processing and office procedures.
- Minimum of one-year experience in accounts payable and payroll.
- Ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner; ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents and family members.
- Flexibility and organization skills.
- Must be able to handle interruptions and manage time and office work.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.