Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager - LPN
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
Case Manager - LPN
- Do you get excited about working with people?
- Can you solve problems effectively?
- Do you organize and prioritize your work?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service for our residents, their families and our employees. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences. We are a senior healthcare company servicing 30 facilities in the Colorado area.
We are a solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage, we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of your job position is to coordinate the delivery of services to managed care and Medicare residents in collaboration with the community’s team members. The Case Manager monitors and documents the cost effectiveness of treatment provided, facilitates and coordinates the admission and discharge processes. You will serve as the resident and family advocate and act as a liaison to insurance and medical management professionals.
- Communicate resident status, change in function and care plan either by phone or written report to payers
- Include payer representative in interdisciplinary meetings if requested or deemed necessary to promote payer/provider relationship
- Document all payer interactions regarding resident progress, expected outcomes and reporting capabilities including special instructions
- Ensures thorough and timely communication with managed care/insurance case managers to coordinate certification and concurrent stay programs
- Maximize benefits by coordination of cost effective care, avoid fragmented care and duplication of services and ensure the appropriate level of care is provided in the most suitable setting
- Meet with facility interdisciplinary team to coordinate services to ensure that the residents’ total regiment of care is maintained
- Participate in all Medicare and managed care resident interdisciplinary meetings
- Work with team members to ensure discharge planning goals and objectives are developed and discussed at the interdisciplinary team meetings
- Assist in planning the services required in the resident’s discharge plan as necessary
- Maintain communication with facility business office and medical records to ensure accurate census and payment of managed care and Medicare residents
- Perform random chart audits to ensure accurate and thorough documentation to support reimbursement of services rendered
- Ensure that resident care plans accurately reflect appropriate goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on resident needs
- Participate on community committees
- Perform all other duties as requested
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of computer systems including: Point Click Care
- Working knowledge of long-term care and skilled nursing state and federal regulations (preferred)
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices, procedures and standards of care
- Leadership and supervisory skills-willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- E xperience: One-year experience in a long-term care environment (preferred)
- License: Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in Colorado, CPR Certification
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.