Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training Specialist, NextGen experience required
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Clinical Informatics
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Perform needs assessments, development of curriculum and training materials for designated systems
- Participate in the development and administration of “train the trainer” and “Super User” programs
- Identify EHR/HIT (Health Information Technology) training needs for clinicians and staff and mentor new clinicians and staff on the system to ensure proper system compliance
- Communicate with clinicians and staff all new information regarding these processes and any related issues or changes, acting as a system “champion”
- Provide classroom and 1:1 training to clinicians and staff on these processes and provide relevant application tips to improve efficiency
- Identify problems and issues with these applications that affect delivery of care and report issues as identified to the IT help desk
- Provide application performance feedback of clinicians and support staff to the Operations Directorate
- Review all workflows and suggest changes as needed
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent in related IT experience
- Minimum two years’ healthcare experience with NextGen EHR/EPM/HIT applications
- Proficient in NextGen EHR system processes
- Good knowledge of software applications used for developing and managing training materials, including Microsoft Office Suite products
- Medical Assistant certificate
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of computer equipment operation related to a variety of computer/peripheral equipment
- Ability to retain information in EHR/HIT application functions
- Proven ability to teach and coach new skills
- Knowledge of back office EHR/HIT application workflows