Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Services Representative
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Per Diem (on-call)
- Family Medicine
- Per Diem - no regular schedule
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Greet and respond to limited inquiries from patients and customers in a professional manner. Perform a variety of clerical functions.
- Greet patients in-person and via telephone
- Verify insurance eligibility and copy insurance cards
- Perform financial and eligibility screening for clinic programs
- Print daily schedule and confirm next day’s appointments
- Complete appropriate paperwork as needed for patients: school excuses, Head Start forms, etc.
- Make follow-up appointments for referrals from other sites
- Call, reschedule and mail letters to all N/S patients
- Responsible for patients checking in through completing encounters, personal records forms, etc.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year experience in a medical or dental office
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Dental Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to type minimum 35 WPM
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products, business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities