Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Navigator-Nursing Services.
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Nursing Services
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am to 5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Guide and offer referral assistance to community members in navigating follow up diagnostic evaluation on patients who have abnormal breast screenings. Establish and help maintain communication between patients, their families, clinicians, and the health care system while offering additional assistance when needed.
- Improve health care outcomes and reduce health disparities for low-income, uninsured, adult patients with breast cancer
- Complete a face to face visit with patients to perform an assessment and complete a care plan
- Follow patients during treatment and refer to community based organizations to address gaps in care
- Provide post-treatment follow-up, contact and update care plan as needed
- Integrate prevention and screening recall systems into electronic medical record
- Assist in data collection, data entry, evaluation and program reports
- Assist supervisor in compiling, analyzing and summarizing data and information for program reporting requirements
- Attend meetings as needed
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Minimum three years’ relevant experience within the health care system, clinic setting, or other community based organization. Equivalent related experience may be substituted for degree.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with two years’ care coordination or health education experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to present information effectively both verbally and in writing to individuals and groups from various cultural, ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities