Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner / Family Medicine
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions open in our Vista/Oceanside Locations!
Under the supervision of the Site Director, following the standardized protocols, provide primary care to clients through physical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and health education.
- Provide direct, comprehensive, ambulatory health care to patients of all ages
- Obtain and interpret complete health data, identifies problems, and develop and implement treatment plans
- Evaluate the process and outcome of treatment plans and modify as needed
- Make referrals to physicians when appropriate
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic tests as necessary
- Deliver primary health care to men and women seeking family planning assistance with an emphasis on health education and self-care activities
- Manage health care regimens of low-risk pregnant women
- Provide well-child care and educate parents on the emotional and physical development of their child
- Participate in administrative and program development activities as required
- Provide medication and immunization verification
- Registered in the state of California for Nurse Practitioner
- Current certificate of completion from a certified Nurse Practitioner program or Master's degree in nursing with a Nurse Practitioner specialty
- Current CPR Certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in ambulatory care setting
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to obtain relevant history and perform physical examination, including symptoms related to the current illness, chief complaints and involved organ systems
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred