Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Lead
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- 40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am to 5pm)
Seeking experienced Medical Records Supervisor to lead a fantastic team of 4!
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Provide effective leadership, coordination and training of Medical Records Technician staff and organization in all departmental aspects of health records management, release of information and audit compliance. Responsible for the distribution and monitoring of workflow and coordination of assignments for all staff. Ensure adherence to all medical record policies and procedures and maintenance of quality control. Responsible for inventory and maintenance of department.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct supervision to Medical Records staff and volunteers
- Oversee job assignments and work schedules and recommend changes as needed
- Sort Incoming faxes to review for new document types; seek clinical staff guidance when appropriate to ensure proper filing of documents
- Maintain knowledge of current VCC providers for purposes of understanding available PCPs and document assignment
- Compile series of weekly and monthly reports to identify any trends; develop and communicate appropriate action plans
- Compile data for reports and prepare standard forms and workflows
- Immediately forward any grievances from health plan to Administration
- Assist in the managing of documents as they apply to interfaces set up with outside entities (i.e. TCMC, HIE, etc)
- Maintain and update Medical Record-related forms and distribute to clinical and relevant staff (i.e. Document Scanning Guide, etc.)
- Ensure medical record releases are reviewed for completeness and forwarded in a timely fashion to third party for release of information
- Coordinate with patients and outside agencies concerning medical record transfers
- Ensure communication of information and procedures between all shifts to ensure all instructions are followed
- Act as resource and lead person for staff
- Complete HIPAA and Safety walk-throughs of work area
- Report unusual findings (incomplete or unsigned paperwork) to management as directed; report via Unusual Occurrence Form as appropriate
- Primary contact for Compliance officers for audit preparation
- Provide technical support for users within clinic system regarding scanning procedures
- Run and complete work logs and other reports as needed
- Answer telephone calls from external/internal parties according to department guidelines
- Retrieve all escalated calls from VCC staff regarding medical records
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in an ambulatory clinic setting
- Minimum three years’ experience in electronic medical records
- Knowledge of medical record law, policy and procedures
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation to travel between sites for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Accredited Record Technician
- Typing/data entry minimum 45 wpm
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities