Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Antepartum Testing - Phoenix
Schedule: Per Diem - Varied Hours
Under the general direction of an appropriate physician or supervisor, performs obstetrical diagnostic/therapeutic procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and imitative. Assumes responsibility for tasks and procedures as assigned. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing with specialized training in ultrasound.
- Prefer two (2) or more years L&D and OB/GYN nursing experience and prior High Risk OB sonographer experience.
- Must posses a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing
- Certified in OB sonography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- New graduates that complete their sonographer externship at Valleywise Health must obtain RDMS within one year of hire date.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.