Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Burn Therapist (Pool)
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Burn Therapy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the Direction of the Clinical Supervisor Rehab, the position will evaluate, plan, and implement appropriate treatment programs of patients following burns, disease, injury, or debilitating conditions. This position will instruct the patient/family, and coordinate treatment with after care services to facilitate the rehabilitation needs in order to function independently by administering therapeutic exercises and modalities. This position will observe patients and determine effects of treatments, fit and train patients in use of splints and orthotics, aid patients in mobility, and in dressing and grooming themselves.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy.
- Requires a minimum of zero to one (0-1) year of clinical PT experience in inpatient and outpatient services (therapy school experience acceptable).
- Must have forty (40) hours of AZ Burn Center orientation with burn Physical Therapist(s), or have at least 1 year burn experience within the last 5 years.
- A current or temporary
state Physical Therapy licensure is required. Arizona
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and staff members.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.