University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Planning Officer - req# 8011
at University of New Mexico
Program Planning Officer
|Working Title||Program Planning Officer|
The University of New Mexico (UNM) Alumni Association, located in the historic Hodgin Hall, was established in 1897. The Alumni Association is offering a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Program Planning officer. The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated and highly motivated individuals that is tasked to keep UNM and its alumni communicating and connecting.
This position manages and coordinates the establishment and support of programs and/or projects of significance to the operation and administration of the Office of Alumni Relations and the Alumni Association. Provides and/or coordinates program planning and evaluation ensuring that developing and existing programs are effective and in conformance with the overall goals and objectives of the organization. Participates in strategic planning, budgeting, and goal-setting for the Organization. Supervises staff charged with primary oversight of programming, alumni engagement and events. Supports and represents the Vice President of Alumni Relations in programmatic interactions with various internal and external constituencies.
1. Plans, develops, implements, and assesses strategic programming and events designed to engage a wide constituency including alumni, community, and students.
2. Establishes and implements short and long range organizational goals, objectives, policies and procedures in collaboration with internal and external constituencies.
3. Administers, oversees and assesses activities of a range of specified operating and support programs as appropriate to the objectives of the organization; ensures adherence to budget guidelines
4. Supervises staff with key roles in areas including, but not limited to, event planning, alumni chapters, volunteer engagement and facility management. Manages recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of such staff
5. Provides strategic advice and consultation to leadership of both the Office of Alumni Relations and Alumni Association in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and events, using data-driven decision making.
6. Oversee supervision of personnel, including work allocation, performance evaluation, implement corrective action when necessary; makes recommendations on personal actions; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
7. Develop and make recommendations for key budget areas including, but not limited to, chapters and constituent groups, campus engagement, sponsorships, and other areas as requested
8. As requested, participates in Alumni activities locally and nationwide, providing on-site event support; Provides independent assessment of activities and offers recommendations for improvement
9. May represent the Office of Alumni Relations and/or the Alumni Association on University committees, governmental agencies, national organizations, public events and business meetings
10. Recommend opportunities to enhance revenue streams for the Alumni Association through various methods; serve as an additional liaison to the UNM Foundation
Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· 8 years of experience in the management of volunteers in support of a non-profit organization or higher-education related affiliated organization
· Direct experience in board management including board creation, recruitment, training and assessment
· Event planning experience
· Skill in budget development and fiscal management, including knowledge of UNM-based purchasing and payment systems such as Chrome River, Lobo Mart and P-Card guidelines
· Direct experience in strategic planning, including plan development, implementation and assessment
· Familiarity with database management systems
· Supervisory experience
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||VP Inst Advancement Alumni Relation (276A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/4/2019|
|Application Instructions||A complete application includes a resume, cover letter, and the name and contact information of three professional references.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.