University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Open Rank - req# 10016
at University of New Mexico
|Faculty Type||Open Rank|
|Hiring Department||Sociology Department (931A)|
|Academic Location||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
TheDepartment of Sociology at the University of New Mexico invites applicationsfor the newly established Maxine Baca Zinn Endowed Professorship to begin inAugust 2020. For this full-time, tenured position, we seek applicantsspecializing in social inequality, with an emphasis on gender, race, and/orclass at the Associate or Full Professor level. Applicants musthave a conferred PhD in sociology or closely related field along with a recordof employment that would support appointment at the rank of Associate or FullProfessor. For best consideration, all application materials must be receivedby November, 1st 2019.
· PhD in sociology or a related field completed by start date of employment.
· A record of employment that supports appointment at the rank of Associate or Full professor; and
· Evidence of primary specialization in the sociology of social inequality with a focus on gender, race, and/or class.
· Record of an active research agenda and publication history in the sociology of social inequality with a focus on gender, race, and/or class, that engages key debates and/or contributes to theoretical, empirical, or methodological innovations in these fields;
· Record of teaching undergraduate courses in social inequality with a focus on gender, race, and/or class, as well as the ability to teach core courses in the undergraduate program;
· Demonstrated ability to teach graduate level courses, supervise comprehensive doctoral examinations, and chair maters thesis and PhD dissertations related to the candidate’s particular expertise in social inequalities;
· Record of commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, including experience working with broadly diverse communities as evidenced by research, teaching, and service activities;
· A research agenda that overlaps with and enhances at least one area of emphasis in the department: medical sociology, race/ethnicity, criminology, and social movements, and/or allows for the expansion of our current departmental expertise, especially related to gender inequality.
|Application Instructions||A complete application consists of a cover letter describing the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the minimum and preferred criteria; a current curriculum vita (please include an email address and telephone number); and two scholarly writing samples. |
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 11/1/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.