University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admin Assistant 3 - req# 7787
at University of New Mexico
Admin Assistant 3
|Working Title||Admin Assistant 3|
The University of New Mexico’s TRIO Upward Bound Program works to promote high school graduation and post-secondary enrollment for high school students who are potential first-generation college bound students. The program works students from Albuquerque Public Schools and is housed within UNM’s main campus. Program services include after-school and weekend tutoring, Saturday college preparatory workshops, dual credit courses, summer school, test preparatory classes, and service learning. TRIO Upward Bound was established in 1964 under the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 (the War on Poverty Program) and the Higher Education Act of 1965. The program works closely with the U.S. Department of Education.
The Upward Bound Administrative Assistant will promote the program through a variety of associated administrative tasks including but not limited to: creation of departmental expenditure request approvals; assisting in budget management and purchase allocations; assisting in scheduling programming locations for Saturdays, evenings, and summer school; assisting in purchasing and procuring meals, admission tickets, and/or services for Saturday events, college-campus visits, and yearly summer trip visit.
This position is multifaceted and impacts many key performance initiatives the university promotes to ensure that students are successful at UNM. As a result, the ability and willingness to collaborate with other departments, academic units, internal/external donors and other university stakeholders is essential.
This position requires work on some Saturdays and evening hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works closely with program director in projecting yearly budget and reporting to the U.S. Department of Education Program Officer in addition to communicating directly with UNM Purchasing, Human Resources, and Contracts and Grants
2. Maintains UNM approved purchasing card and reconciles budgets, purchases, payroll, travel, and employment
3. Assists in scheduling rooms for Saturday workshops, summer school, and special events
4. Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; schedules, coordinates and facilitates meetings, facilities usage, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
5. Works in a supportive capacity during program events including but not limited to Saturday workshops, summer school, summer trips
6. Communicates with community members including Upward Bound participants, parents/guardian, stakeholders within Albuquerque Public Schools and University of New Mexico
7. Maintains program records in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education
8. Processes stipend payments for over 100 participants each semester
9. Coordinate daily lunch purchase and pick-up/delivery during summer school program
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Prior experience participating in and/or working with a TRIO Program
· Bilingual Spanish/English
· First-generation college graduate
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Special Programs (429F)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||08/31/2019|
|Pay||$11.25 - $16.25 per hour|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||2/25/2019|
|Application Instructions||For best consideration, please attach a Resume, Cover Letter and proof of any educational degree(s). Cover letter should highlight your commitment to student success and experience working with under-represented student populations.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.