Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loss Prevention Associates
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
ResponsibilitiesLoss Prevention Associates Position Type Full Time Shift Type Morning Req ID 2020-445123 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
Allied Universal is seeking the position of a Loss Prevention Associate.
A Loss Prevention Associate allows us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities. We are looking for an experienced Loss Prevention Associate that has a background in the apprehension of shoplifters. Previous security experience or former military/ law enforcement encouraged to apply
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Previous Law Enforcement or Military preferred or prior retail Loss Prevention experience - Undercover experience a plus
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Ability to travel to store locations within 25 miles of home
- Ability to work retail store hours - to work evening and weekends
- Possesses general operating knowledge of retail security camera equipment
- Blend into a retail environment
- Perform successful customer surveillance while walking the sales floor
- Detect and apprehend shoplifters following company policy and guidelines
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.