Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Maintenance Associate (Landscaping)
at Town of Marana
TOWN OF MARANA:
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking to fill our Senior Maintenance Associate position for the Public Works Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working with the Landscaping Division. This position is under immediate supervision of the Public Works Landscaping Division Supervisor and is responsible for the beautification and maintenance of the Town of Marana's landscape right of ways.
Worksite Location: 5100 W Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85743
Normal Work Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Hiring Range: $16.67 - $20.43
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Functions as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instructing, and scheduling work.
- Will supervise inmates and perform general landscape and cleanup duties including, but not limited to, trash, litter, debris, and graffiti removal.
- Performs manual labor work in mowing, trimming, planting, and fertilization, as well as irrigation operations.
- Weed spraying and pesticide applications.
- Assists in the construction, maintenance and repair of roadways, structures and structural components, work areas and facilities. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Operates a variety of trucks and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Inspects, cleans and performs routine maintenance on equipment such as parts lubrication and adjustments; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Completes required daily logs and enters reports. Tracks and manages work orders, materials, and supplies.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 years landscaping experience or related field
- Valid Arizona driver license
- Arizona Department of Agriculture Pest Management Division Certification or must obtain within 6 months
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and a motor vehicle records check (MVR)
- Ability to pass the Arizona Department of Corrections background
- Obtain inmate certification post-hire through the Department of Corrections in order to supervise inmates
- 1 year inmate supervision experience
- Structural Pest Control Certification - right of ways
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter, by the closing date. Job application received after the closing date will not be considered. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Apply online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on December 7, 2018.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Contact
Loren Churchman / 520-382-1934 / email@example.com
To apply for this position with the Town of Marana, please click the link below. The application must be filled out by the posted close date in order to be considered.