Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Marana
TOWN OF MARANA:
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Engineering Specialist to work in the Engineering Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact ensuring private development meets the standards and expectations of our community.
Hiring Range*: $22.68 - $27.79
*Compensation dependent on education, experience and skills
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Reviews engineering plans and related technical documents for compliance with local, regional, state and federal standards, specifications, and details.
- Observes civil construction sites; communicates with engineer, developer and/ or contractor; identifies and provides solutions to issues in the field; creates and reviews observation reports and documents.
- Issues floodplain use permits; provides floodplain designation to homeowners and real estate professionals; coordinates with FEMA on the Community Rating System.
- Provides community outreach for the floodplain administration program.
- Processes project permits and closeout; calculates permit and final application fees.
- Communicates with the public, developers, contractors, engineers and external stakeholders; reviews and accepts bonding and assurance information; and prepares resolutions for Mayor and Council acceptance of publicly maintained projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or a related field
- Over three years in engineering, construction or a related field
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Must pass a pre-employment physical
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and a motor vehicle records check
An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills & abilities to successfully perform essential functions may be considered.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
REVIEW PROCESS: Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on December 28, 2018.
Each applicant must complete the supplemental questionnaire as a part of the application screening and selection process. The responses provided must be able to be verified from the information included within the application. The information you provide will be reviewed and used to determine your eligibility to move forward in the selection process. Incomplete responses, false statements, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /(520) 382-1934/ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position with the Town of Marana, please click the link below. The application must be filled out by the posted close date in order to be considered.