The River Garden’s Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Service Worker
at The River Garden’s Rehab and Care Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver food to residents in the dining room and room service.
- Take food orders from various departments.
- Clean dishes as needed and assigned within the department including:
- Operate dish washing equipment.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and as needed
- Empty trash containers as required.
- Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Assist in receiving, labeling, and storing food and supplies
- Complete assigned cleaning assignments as scheduled each shift
- Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment
- Provide assistance to the cook with food preparation as necessary
- Assist with completing meal service at scheduled times
- Assist in arranging resident diet cards, taking orders, loading food carts and serving meals with proper technique.
- Set up the dining room and serve residents in an efficient manner
- Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and facilities’ rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- All other assigned tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Various kitchen equipment functions
- Food preparation techniques
- Basic measuring techniques
- Infection control practices
- Sanitization techniques
- Infection control practices
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in food preparation activities.
- Basic math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and fractions)
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Identify when a situation cannot be handled and know when to ask for help.
- Be sensitive to residents and family members and respond in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident family members and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work with chemicals and cleaning agents
- Must be able to work in hot/cold/humid/noisy environment
- This position is very active and requires constant physical activities including standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, kneeling stretching, turning, grasping and reaching all day.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 45 50 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
- This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the facility.
- This role routinely comes into contact with residents who may have contagious illnesses.
- This is a position in a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRANING
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Prior dishwashing and service experience preferred
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Attend mandatory nursing meetings and continuing education classes that are designated mandatory.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.
- Obtain/maintain valid Food Handlers Card.