The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Do you have a passion for caring for others? Do you have a Nursing Assistant Certificate and want to obtain more experience? We are seeking a skilled Nursing Assistant (NA) to provide personalized care to our residents. In collaboration with our healthcare team, you will assist our residents with everyday tasks, such as bathing, getting dressed, eating meals, and going to the restroom. Under direction of the nurse you will complete tasks that are beneficial to the resident while supporting the staff so medical related cares can be provided. A character of compassion and sincerity coupled with strong communication and teamwork skills are a must. We pride ourselves in providing resident focused care for all of our residents, so we expect our Nursing Assistants to be attentive and compassionate. We offer unique benefits as well as traditional benefits, a fun and collaborative working environment that is focused on resident care. If making a difference in the lives of others appeals to you then apply today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve meals to residents; help them eat and drink if necessary
· Help bathe, groom, and dress the patient
· Reposition and turn residents or adjust bed settings to ensure residents are comfortable; assist those who need help walking or assistance transporting in wheelchairs
· Keep rooms clean and sterile and change soiled bedding and bedpans
· Take vital signs daily and record patient eating habits and bodily functions, reporting any changes to a nurse or physician
· Transport medical equipment in and out of rooms according to patient requirements
· Commitment to scheduled work hours to ensure consistency for the residents and team.
· Work effectively with general supervision, ability to organize and manage own work load in a busy environment with some independent actions are required.
· Ability to communicate well with residents and families promoting customer service and a supportive environment.
· Must maintain a calm and warm working environment with team members.
· Meet the physical job demands of the position
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· High School degree or equivalent (GED) preferred
· NA Certificate and completion of state-approved CNA education and training program
· CPR Certification
· DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· High level of patience, empathy, and compassion
· Excellent observation and communication skills
· Basic computer and record keeping skills
· Physical and mental stamina; ability to work long hours on one’s feet and lift 100+ pounds
· Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to twist, bend and kneel through shift
12 hour shifts as Scheduled. Works weekends and holidays as scheduled.