The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Compensation Base: $15.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
A Youth Development Specialist implements the activities which support the daily schedule. The Youth Development Specialist supervises and interacts with female clients, observes and addresses client behavior, and documents services in client files.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Provides effective people security (e.g., headcounts, room checks, client movement).
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
- Facilitates and documents various groups/meetings.
- Administers medication or supervises self administration of medication when necessary.
- Knows and implements emergency procedures (e.g. evacuation, CPR/first aid). Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department