The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUPERVISING PROGRAM COUNSELOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: JACKSONVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supervises the activities and staff associated with providing substance abuse counseling within a facility. In addition, this position ensures that all services meet all contractual obligations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of staff and the clinical oversight and clinical care of all substance abuse services provided on site.
- Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse.
- Conducts or assists in conducting individual or group counseling sessions and programs.
- Recruits subordinate staff to include interviewing, hiring, assigning work, training, coaching, and counseling to ensure consistent application of employee guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducts performance review and holds employees accountable for performance of their positions.
- Maintains records of absences and vacation schedules for represented staff. Monitors and modifies electronic payroll attendance records for union employees. Observes and oversees adherence to all policies and procedures. Monitors violations and administers disciplinary action.
- Provides support for substance abuse program activities including providing activity reports, reviewing the files of subordinates to ensure the accurate and timely documentation, and creating an environment which supports that mission of the program.
- Oversees substance abuse counseling activities by facilitating and co-facilitating didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Reviews and selects new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Provides continual opportunities to increase the knowledge and skills of the Substance Abuse Counselors.
- Provides reports and presentations on substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Develops and updates clinical policies and procedures, treatment manuals and training curriculum, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the contractor and institution staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences or related field and one (1) year experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or cognitive behavioral therapy services to the offender population at a responsibility no less than a journey level counselor; or an Associate’s degree and three (3) years’ experience of full-time experience providing substance abuse treatment and/or cognitive behavioral therapy to the offender population at a responsibility no less than a journey level counselor; and
- One (1) year of documented verifiable supervisory experience
- CADC Certified recognized by the State of Illinois.
- Have working knowledge of cognitive behavioral therapy programs; and
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER