The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: KINGMAN COMPLEX
Compensation Base: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $1500.00 Relocation, $5000.00 Recruitment
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming residents as required.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Licensed Substance Abuse Technician (LSAT) or Associate Substance Abuse Counselor (LASAC) or Independent Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC) or the ability to obtain a license within six months
- Preferred: Graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum B.A. degree, preferably in dependency studies or a related field, or C.A.A.P. (Certified Associate Addiction Professional Licensure).
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.