The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Monitor II Shift Supervisor
at The Geo Group
Facility: NM MEN'S RECOVERY ACADEMY(NMMRA)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures and required Company and the client’s contractual requirement. This position follows daily schedules and performs the duties of this position in an exemplary manner at all times.
We work 12 hour shifts. The shift for this role is:
Wednesday, 12 PM to 6 PM, Thursday - Saturday 6 AM to 6 PM.
Overtime and on call may be requested, per facility needs.
This position is benefits eligible, PTO and holiday pay.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all resident movement within the assigned unit or area.
- Reports resident accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new residents and discharges others
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches as necessary.
- When assigned, monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents.
- Transports residents by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for residents.
- Enforces the facility’s rules of conduct with the residents.
- Supervises resident visitations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; one year general work experience.
- Ability to serve as a model for resident behavior; good interpersonal skills.
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Valid, active driver's license is required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER