The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Health Services Manager Reentry
at The Geo Group
Facility: CORRECTIONAL HEALTH SVCS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position monitors and evaluates the performance of the facility’s healthcare systems based on organizational policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and contractual obligations. This position interprets and implements policies, program administration, field activities, audits and resolves complex problems of the Health Services Unit within the Region. In addition, it assists Health Services Administrators activation of new facilities. It also monitors and ensures compliance with applicable accreditation standards such as OSHA, NCCHC, ACA or JACHO and applicable federal, state or municipal laws.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and evaluates all third party service contracts and ensures compliance by routinely performing on site evaluations of medical care rendered.
- Works closely with Regional Director and third party contractors and GEO facility health services staff to resolve discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Ensures compliance of policies and procedures, a variety of accreditation standards and applicable federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Ensures compliance of applicable accreditation standards and keeps abreast of any current and changing trends.
- Advises Director of Health Services of changes and needs with recommendations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in health and safety issues for employees and detainees at the institutional level.
- Works with facility Health Service Administrators in developing effective and organized medical units that are in compliance with client and regulatory agency standards.
- Evaluate system workload and levels of productivity within health services units.
- Monitors services rendered by contract and professional staff in relation to contractual requirements, Contract Compliance, and accreditation standards.
- Ensures all credentials files at the institution are up-to-date and in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Meets regularly with the Directors of Health Services to create plans of actions addressing client concerns and audit findings.
- Assists the Health Services Administrators in developing and implementing Corrective Action Plans (CAP) as results of audits.
- Completes and submits narrative, summary and/or operational reports as required.
- Monitors and ensures staff compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws especially those covering controlled substances and audits pharmacy use.
- Reviews Profit and Loss (P&L) reports and identifies over-utilization or excessive expenditures on a monthly basis. Assists the Health Services Administrators creating action plans to eliminate over-utilization impacting their cost centers.
- Assists and trains Health Service Administrators in preparing for accreditation's or reaccreditation's requirements.
- Provides comprehensive training to Health Service Administrators during initial appointment to the position and on an annual basis.
- Develops and maintains effective communication with outside hospital contractors, consultants and agency administrators to ensure a positive working relationship.
- Ensures standardization of current system components-forms, services, policies, standards, responses to address client concerns.
- Assists Health Administrators with challenges affecting their daily operations.
- Fills in as needed during the absence of the Director of Health Services.
- Attends seminars, workshops, and conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s in Nursing or behavioral sciences or related field supplemented by courses in business administration or a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration with experience in a correctional or detention healthcare environment.
- Five (5) years healthcare administrative or supervisory experience preferably in a correctional or detention environment.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing the operations of health services using a variety of auditing tools.
- Experience in delivery and administration of health care systems.
- Demonstrated effective decision making skills in a health service setting.
- Frequent travel with overnight stays may be required. Staff may be required to travel overnight or to relocate temporarily to provide support or assistance to facilities.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.