The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REENTRY FACILITATOR COC
at The Geo Group
Facility: Desert View Modified Community Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides participants with the tools and knowledge to prepare for reentry into the community through the utilization of Victim Awareness, Family Re-Unification, Parenting and 100-Hour Transition program modules. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates classroom instruction in the areas of career planning, social adjustment, personal management, social skills development, cognitive restructuring and development of problem-solving skills.
- Provides individual and group counseling in areas including self-esteem, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues.
- Communicates with participants regarding the reality of their pre-release activities and plans, defining terminology and identifying community resources.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance an participant’s participation in pre-release and life skills programs and activities.
- Maintains class rosters, attendance records, and provides certificates for pre-release life skills program.
- Resolves day-to-day problems with counseling. Refers participants with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Provides assistance to the participants in obtaining needed services. Serves as a representative for the participant at classification committee meetings.
- Conducts visits to participant assigned to caseload who are housed in special housing.
- Reviews participant medical status to determine eligibility to work in volunteer job assignments.
- Assists in planning and developing post-release plans and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Performs other as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy services.
- One (1) year in caseload management of offenders in a correctional setting required or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
- Facilitators cannot provide substance abuse treatment services to participants, unless they are certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor with a certification recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Basic knowledge of case management and referral services.
- Basic knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.