The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: GRACEVILLE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $13.27 Hourly
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for the implementation and operation of a viable recreation program for all detainees. Oversees the recreation facilities and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and organizes recreation activities.
- Coaches all athletic teams.
- Organizes and conducts all competitions and tournaments.
- Explains and demonstrates to detainees the proper technique and use of all recreational equipment, including the enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Inspects recreation area for cleanliness and safety.
- Conducts weekly safety training sessions with recreation orderlies and clerks.
- Checks all detainees in and out of the gym.
- Maintains recreation department records.
- Orders, maintains, and schedules the repair of all recreation department equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Additional education in Physical Education, recreational therapy or related field highly desirable.
- Prior experience working with a prisoner population or in a physical education program is highly desirable.