The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T LIFE SKILLS WORKER II
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $11.50/Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker II is to implement the clinical activities, which support the daily clinical schedule. In addition, the Life Skills Worker II assists in case management supervises clients, monitors and addresses client behavior, and documents services in clinical files.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Provides effective people security (headcounts, room checks, client movement, etc.)
- Processes intakes and screens clients.
- Implements daily activity schedule – structures and coordinates client activities (i.e. family night, recreation, etc…).
- Facilitates and documents various psycho-educational groups/meetings (i.e. theme groups, D&A Education Seminars, process and procedure meetings, etc…).
- Supervises self-administration of medication.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Other Qualifications: