The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PROGRAM MANAGER II
at The Geo Group
Facility: ISAP MARLTON NJ G SITE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI Inc., a national leader in offender monitoring and re-entry services for the criminal justice market has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager in Marlton, NJ. Responsible for the operational and financial management of office, manages relationships with customer base to ensure a high quality of service
ISAP is a contracted program that BI Incorporated operates for the Alternatives to Detention (ATD) unit within Detention and Removal Operations (DRO), a division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Responsible for operational and financial oversight of an Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP) office in compliance with contractual obligations. Maintains frequent and timely communication with Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/US Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) representative and with community-based organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs all activity in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and supervision of ISAP programs, services and employees.
- Manages all employees assigned to an ISAP office. Management responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that programs function in a manner that satisfies contractual obligations. Develops timely and accurate reports on the status of program operations.
- Develops and implements strategies and action plans that will enable the office to achieve its operational and financial objectives.
- Serves as the local point of contact with the DHS/ICE. Maintains frequent and productive liaison with the DHS/ICE, including accurate and timely monthly reports, annual reports and verbal and written notification of emergencies, contingencies or unusual occurrences. Meets with DHS/ICE on a regular basis to provide a management level review, assess program performance and discuss and resolve problems.
- Maintains and documents routine communications with staff, such as staff meetings, to address Program Participants’ service plans and progress, and case specialists’ daily schedules.
- Establishes and maintains frequent and productive communication with key contacts in community-based organizations to assure and maintain community receptivity and support for ISAP.
- Evaluates, identifies and describes contingencies for reducing potential community issues focused on the program, facility locations, general public opposition, or other issues that could mitigate the success of the ISAP.
- Administers Security Plan for a specific office, including daily operations, security contingencies, emergencies and mitigation plans, security of Company and DHS/ICE employees, Participants and the general public. Performs daily security check of the office area. Ensures that all participant records are kept in locked files to maintain confidentiality.
- Implements systems to physically track and supervise all Program Participants.
- Administers the Quality Control Plan, including performance of monthly audits to evaluate program operations for compliance with the Quality Control Plan and contract requirements. Ensures that corrective action plans are implemented in a timely manner when necessary.
- Manages Program Participant violations in conjunction with Intensive Supervision Case Specialist. Oversees preparation of documentation to acquire DHS/ICE direction and action if disciplinary measures are necessary.
- Reviews and approves Program Participants’ service plans to ensure compliance with state requirements and contractual obligations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least two years case management experience with an Alternatives to Detention immigration program is required.
- Two years supervisory experience in a similar position is preferred.
- At least two years’ experience working with multi-cultural clients.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with employees, community contacts, government officials and clients. Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders, instructions and materials. Ability to compose reports.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and even temperament. Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations, such as interpersonal confrontations or emergencies. Ability to defuse hostile or unstable situations.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to deal with multicultural contacts with sensitivity.
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations and procedures.
- Valid Drivers’ License required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to interpret electronic monitoring messages and daily summary reports.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
As a Program Manager, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!