The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: TAYLORVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position develops and implements comprehensive treatment plans for a caseload of residents who are mandated to complete substance abuse treatment plans. Accordingly, this position assesses and identifies issues for each resident, creates clear objectives and goals and tracks and documents progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external standards and policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements the Company’s therapeutic community treatment model.
- Prepares and submits all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials.
- Maintains records and clinical charts as required by Company and client’s contractual requirements.
- Provides education on substance abuse, assesses life skills and integrates results into resident client treatment plan.
- Participates in all training and supervision activities.
- Prepares schedules, reports, or other information required for the program.
- Assesses client aftercare needs, issues and services.
- Provides counseling to clients' family or significant others.
- Coordinates individual clinical care of assigned client caseload.
- Participates in treatment planning and conferences.
- Observes and supervises client interactions.
- Provides individual and group therapy and counseling. Meets with assigned clients as necessary.
- Maintains and updates resident client records and documents program in charts.
- Performs ASI Assessments or any other required assessment instruments/pre & post testing.
- Assists staff in monitoring behavior of difficult clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work or human services. Master’s degree preferred. Relevant experience. Certification and/or training in the field may be substituted for formal education. If not certified, obtain a CADC or reciprocal credential within two (2) years of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER