The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3V01Q665RHDHMVNVCW
Facility: RIVERS CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Compensation Base: 18.42 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under general supervision, performs plumbing related work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete each work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- Performs plumbing, piping, boiler repairs, installation of washbasins and toilet facilities, and any other work pertaining to facility plumbing/boiler systems.
- May occasionally perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May occasionally perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in plumbing or pipefitting work required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Level II Distribution and Collection certification within one-year of employment.
- Plumbing license preferred.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret plumbing blueprints and schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!