The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PART-TIME PAID PROGRAM INTERN - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
at The Geo Group
Facility: ANTELOPE VALLEY DRC
Compensation Base: $12.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this intern position assists with data entry and reporting at a facility and observes and participates in participant program activities.
The position will be for 10 hrs per week; Flexible hours possible on weekends.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, checks-in all participants entering the facility.
- Assists with the initial intake process with participants to completion, including intake paperwork, input into Company database, and assignment of groups and other services.
- Provides general office administration duties including answering phones and provides general customer service to all who enter the facility including participants customers and the general public.
- Files, prepares charts and performs data entry as assigned.
- Maintains clinical charts (electronic and hard copy versions) for caseload and ensures all documentation is completed in accordance with established deadlines and program policies.
- Assists Case Managers with case coordination, communication with appropriate official agencies, and preparation and distribution of reports
- Participates in compilation of data and program reporting functions.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current enrollment in an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program in Criminal Justice, Human Services or a related field.
- Knowledge of the fields of addictions or mental health counseling preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage and organize time.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer