The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for provision of full-range of mental health outpatient services from initial assessment, treatment planning, supportive counseling and case management as well as aftercare planning, group psychotherapy, suicide risk assessment and crisis intervention.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts mental health interviews, screenings, and evaluations and determines appropriate mental health services and treatment plans to address an inmate’s, detainee’s, or resident’s (I/D/R) specific mental health needs in accordance with the mission of the outpatient mental health program and policies.
- Provides a full-range of supportive mental health services including brief individual counseling, group counseling (process or psycho-educational), and specialty group counseling (e.g., anger management, coping skills, end of sentence, life term, etc.), and I/D/R consultations.
- Provides case management services as required to ensure continuity of ongoing service delivery.
- Prepares all related mental health documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Consults with Security, Medical, Classification and other departments as needed in I/D/R related mental health concerns.
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis intervention as required up to and including involuntary hospitalization or placement under observation due to suicide risk or inability to adjust within general population due to symptoms of mental illness.
- Conducts post-release planning and communicates with community based mental health facilities for referral and continuity of care as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work.
- State licensure as a Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor (if claiming license eligibility, applicant must be able to provide proper documentation). Licensed interns may be considered based on client requirements.
- One (1) year experience providing mental health services in an institutional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and mature manner.
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work individual and in a team environment.
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.