The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Base: $14.50 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
5701 S. Wood St.
Chicago, Il 60636
The position performs more simple and routine repairs of buildings and maintains adjacent grounds through the use of proper methods and materials in caring for the program or facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cuts grass, trims hedges, shovels snow, sweeps and cleans walks as well as assisting in keeping outside premises in an orderly condition.
- Delivers supplies and runs simple errands.
- Performs general maintenance such as making simple repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Evaluates and coordinates minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and equipment and unloading and storing supplies.
- Performs routine custodial duties in the building including cleaning latrines, stripping and waxing floors, emptying trash, restocking paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Repairs doors and furnishings. Paints, patching and points walss as needed.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance such as changing oil, checking tires, belts, and hoses.
- Maintains all related grounds keeping equipment including mowers, weed trimmers, rakes, and snow removal equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance, repair, and testing of the standby generators.
- Maintains records of purchases, work orders, and time schedules.
- Keeps maintenance records and requisitions.
- Assesses needs and advises appropriate manager of non-routine or major repairs or problems.
- Contact and coordinate repairs with vendors.
- Inspect all fine equipment monthly and documents results.
- Be on call after hours for non-emergency and emergency maintenance situations.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences.
- Supports the Company’s philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of related general maintenance experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply basic math skills concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to make minor repairs and adjustment to building fixtures and equipment.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of cleaning materials for different types of building surfaces.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age,
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34 clearances, specific State and child clearances and if necessary FBI),
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam,
- Valid driver's license,
- Valid registered vehicle insurance,
- Must be available for non-emergency and emergency maintenance situations.