The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Joe Corley Detention Center
Compensation Base: $18.52
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in the coordination and supervision of correctional staff during the intake and release of inmates while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the intake and release of inmates or detainees. May assist in the development and implementation of updated policies, procedures and regulations for the custody, security and treatment of inmates or detainees. Assists with reviews of staff effectiveness during the intake and release process.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Responds to major institution unusual occurrences as trained.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Must meet any state specific education or certificate requirements. Completion of approved Correctional Officer training program resulting in a certificate of satisfactory completion. Must obtain and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid and firearms.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- One (1) year full time wage earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience or an equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations that impact the effective operations of a facility.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies, procedures and other communication and the ability to interpret and apply appropriates action based on them.
- Ability to make and implement decisions without assistance.
- Ability to give instructions in a manner that provides teamwork and a cooperative spirit.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex instructions.
- Ability to maintain high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.