The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE PROD SUPERVISOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: CENTRAL ARIZONA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: 15.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 0.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for assisting in the overall production of high quality and palatable meals for the facility operation. Assists in the daily supervision of kitchen, service line and dining area staff. Oversees that the food service operation maintains the highest level of sanitary conditions as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchases all food and non-food supplies required by the facility according to established menus and maintenance and replacement schedules.
- Supervises the production of food served by the facility. Maintains control over large quantities of food used and the quality of the finished product. Assures that the serving line operates efficiently and temperatures of food line items meet established regulatory controls. Determines what foods will be discarded and what will be saved for leftovers.
- Assists in the review of daily menus.
- Supervises the handling, preparation and storage of food, maintenance of equipment, records, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Supervises the work of other employees by assigning and inspecting the work performed.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Assures that detainee and staff servers are observed for maintenance of established rules of sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Functions as the Food Service Manager in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior experience managing a food service operation in a commercial, military, or institutional facility and an equivalent of one (1) year relevant undergraduate school credits and/or technical training courses, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a warehousing operation strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates effective personnel interactions, communication skills, and problem solving techniques.
- Proficiency with computer systems preferred.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the practices and materials used in food service procedures, in addition to knowledge of warehousing and issuing stock.
- Knowledge of the standards of sanitation and cleanliness employed in the handling of food in a quantity food production program is required.