The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: JOE CORLEY PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Base: $19.40
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $19.40
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position repairs, overhauls, and provides preventative maintenance for automobiles, buses or other automotive vehicles used by a facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans work procedure.
- Examines vehicle and discusses assessments with Transportation Supervisor regarding the nature and extent of damage, problem, or malfunction.
- Performs preventative maintenance for vehicles according to predetermined schedules.
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
- Removes unit such as engine, transmission, or differential.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Overhauls or replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors,
- starters, pumps, fuel injection systems, or air conditioning systems.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers, and solders leaks in radiator.
- Mends damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts.
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One (1) year professional experience as a vehicle maintenance technician.
- Certification as an ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department